Superfood Chocolate Brownie
A delicious yet healthier version of the standard chocolate brownie recipe; containing superfoods Chia Seeds and Raw Cacao Powder, along with chopped dates for a moist, indulgent yet almost sin-free 100% vegan cake! It is super easy to make too - just mix all the ingredients together and pop it in the oven!
- 250g plain flour
- 250g demerara sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 40g raw cacao powder
- 100g chopped dates
- 1tbsp whole chia seeds
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp pink Himalayan salt (or regular salt)
- 300ml cold water
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1-1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa and cacao powder, chopped dates, chia seeds, baking powder and salt.
- Then pour in the water, vegetable oil and vanilla essence; mix until well blended.
- Spread evenly in a 23 x 33cm (9 x 13 in) baking tin.
- Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Eat Plants Not Animals https://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/