Simple Scrambled Tofu
A delicious and very simple scrambled Tofu recipe
- 1 pack of extra firm Tofu (around 400g)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Take the tofu out of the packet and wrap in clean, dry kitchen paper to remove the excess moisture.
- Chop the tofu into squares and then use a fork to reduce into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and when it's hot fry the onion for around 2 mins.
- Move the onion to half of the frying pan and add the tofu to the other half, fry for 2 mins longer.
- Add the spices into a small bowl and add a little cold water to make a sauce, add to the frying pan and thoroughly coat the onion and tofu.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander, season and stir fry for a further 5 mins or until the tofu is slightly browned and is steaming hot.
- Serve with hot toast or however you like! Throw in some cooked vegan bacon or vegan sausages chopped up for a more filling meal.
Eat Plants Not Animals https://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/