Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 6ozs Dairy free spread
- 6ozs Golden granulated caster sugar
- 6ozs Sifted self-raising flour
- Egg replacer (equivalent of 3 eggs) mix as per instructions on packet
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 1 tin of pineapple rings (in natural juice)
- 1 dessertspoon Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease and line a 7” tin. Sprinkle a small amount of demerara sugar on the base then place pineapple rings (well-drained) on the bottom of the tin.
- Cream the spread with the sugar until light and fluffy, gradually add the egg substitute having already mixed this with the required water.
- Gently sift in small amounts of the flour, stirring in a figure of 8 to retain as much air in the mixture.
- Gently spread the mixture into the lined tin and bake in the centre of the oven.
- Test with a skewer after 45/50mins, cook longer if necessary until the skewer comes out clear and the sponge springs back when touched.
- Turn out onto a wire cooling rack right way up with the pineapple on top. Allow to cool.
- Use glace cherries if desired, place them in the centre of the pineapple rings.
- Great served with dairy free custard!
Eat Plants Not Animals https://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/