Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup dairy free spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milled flax
- little cold water to mix with the flax
- 2 dessertspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or vegan chocolate broken up into small pieces
- non-dairy milk - if needed
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (375 degrees fahrenheit)
- Mix together butter, vanilla essence, caster sugar and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix the flax with a little cold water, just enough to make a paste, and add to the mixture.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing all the time. Add the non-dairy milk if needed to create a dough.
- Once the dough reaches a uniform consistency fold in 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips.
- Roll out the dough and use a cutter to cut out the cookies, or just use a tablespoon as a measure and create the cookie shape in your hands.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup desiccated coconut to the mixture for a deliciously crunchy coconut taste!
Eat Plants Not Animals https://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/