Sausage Casserole - Slow Cooker
A hearty casserole which will warm the coldest of nights!
- 6 vegan sausages - can be cooked from frozen
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 4 carrots - peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes - peeled and chopped
- 1 dstspn cornflour
- 1/2 litre (18 fl. oz) vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- A little oil for frying
- Fry the sausages for around 5 minutes or until they are browned.
- Remove the sausages and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Now add the onions and garlic to the frying pan and fry for a few minutes or until soft.
- Add the sausages, onion, garlic, peas, potatoes and carrots to your slow cooker. Mix well.
- Add the cornflour to the stock and stir well.
- Add the stock and cornflour mixture to the slow cooker, stir, season to taste and allow to cook for at least 4 hours until the vegetables are soft.
- Alternatively you can cook the casserole on the hob, allow around 30 minutes.
Eat Plants Not Animals https://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/