Apple and Blackberry Crumble
Perfect for a chilly evening, serve with dairy free custard and enjoy 🙂
- 4 large cooking apples
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 100g oats
- 100g plain flour
- 100g demerara sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80ml (1/3 cup) oil (I use Rapeseed oil)
- Peel and core the apples, then chop into small pieces.
- Wash the blackberries and add all the fruit into a saucepan with approximately 2 tbsp cold water.
- Simmer for 15 mins then add the caster sugar and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the fruit is soft but not falling apart.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360 Fahrenheit)
Prepare the crumble
- Mix the flour, oats, demerara sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add the oil and mix together ensuring an even coating of oil throughout.
- Once the fruit is ready, place into a baking dish (around 25cm) and top evenly with the crumble.
- Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Eat Plants Not Animals https://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/