Double Chocolate Cookies
Truly delicious vegan chocolate cookies!
- 1 cup dairy free spread
- 1 cup dairy free cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or vegan chocolate broken up into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (375 degrees fahrenheit)
- Mix together butter, vanilla, sugar and brown sugar and applesauce and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and flour.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing all the while.
- Once dough reaches a uniform consistency fold in 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips.
- Roll out the dough and use a cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- You can make your own apple sauce by boiling a chopped and peeled apple in a little water then blending once the apple has softened.
- Add 1/2 cup desiccated coconut to the mixture for a deliciously crunchy coconut taste!
Eat Plants Not Animals http://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/