Curried Kale Crispbakes
These are a favourite in our house, quick to prepare and super tasty!
- 1 onion - chopped
- 50g kale - removed from the stem and chopped (remove excess water)
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (remove excess water)
- 1 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to around 180 degrees celsius (356 fahrenheit).
- Mix the chia seeds with the warm water and set aside ready to use a bit later on.
- Fry the onion for a minute or two, add the black pepper, turmeric, chilli powder, stir and add the chickpeas.
- Add the green Thai curry paste and mix well.
- Fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the kale and fry for another minute.
- Add the chia seed mixture. Mix well.
- Now transfer the ingredients into a food processor. Blend.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, in the meantime take a handful of mixture and roll into a patty in your hands. Place on a chopping board and flatten the patty into the required thickness and shape.
- Place into the frying pan and leave for around two minutes.
- Then carefully turn the patties over and fry the other side. The patties should look browned.
- Now place in the pre-heated oven for around 20 minutes.
Eat Plants Not Animals http://www.eatplantsnotanimals.com/